One of the best keys to have an immaculately manicured yard or lawn is to keep the grass perfectly cut. The first way to go about having a better looking yard is to use a reel mower.
The idea of using this type of mower comes back to the 1800’s. It evolved out of a need for groomed lawn areas being beautifully maintained and appealing to the eye.
As time goes on, reel mowers were improvised and become more sophisticated and are more efficient to meet the demands of users. As of today, several reel lawn mowers reviews came out that testifies the function and uses of the mower. If you want to try it, a this review can be a good guide to refer to and learn about the product.
|Great States 415-16 16-Inch Reel Mower||Reel||4/5 Stars||Check Price|
|Greenworks 16-Inch Reel Lawn Mower with Grass Catcher 25052||Reel||4/5 Stars||Check Price|
|Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower||Reel||4/5 Stars||Check Price|
|Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower||Reel||4/5 Stars||Check Price|
|American Lawn Mower 1304-14 14-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower||Reel||4/5 Stars||Check Price|
Therefore, people will then find out the difference between a reel mower to other mowers.
How Do The Best Reel Mowers Work?
To describe the mower, it is cylindrical in shape and connected to the wheel are a number of blades. These blades rotate as the wheels start to turn, cutting every grass blade blocking its way. To do this, you have to push the mower forward and to the direction where there is lots of grass to cut. It is just a simple machine.
By just simply pushing it lightly, the mower begins to function. According to most push reel mower reviews, this mower is best used in the yard or garden – it’s easy to operate and of course, it is environment-friendly too! Just make sure the yard is free of twigs, since it can’t move over big, brittle branches, and it could end up you being inured if you go over a large branch or twig whilst mowing.
Because of the modern society today, gas-powered mowers are already invented to lessen users’ effort. Yet, many people still stick to the traditional push mowers because it has lots of benefits, not only to the environment but also to the consumers’ pocket.
Many people still continue to use the reel lawn mower for several reasons. The benefits it can give has a lot of impact to the users than other products. The following are some of the benefits you can get while using the mower :-
- Reel lawn mowers are inexpensive. This means that it is economic-wise, plus the maintenance is not costly. There is no need to buy high-cost materials to replace the damaged parts.
- Do not use any fuel. There is no need for gas, batteries and others which are costly and require time to purchase. It can work anytime you want to use it by just pushing it. This can be considered as good exercise to the user.
- Since it functions by just a simple push, there are no more hassles pulling chords or plugs to make it work. It can reach every corner of a huge yard without forever pulling chords.
- Because a reel lawn mower is fuel-free, it is environmental-friendly and pollution- free.
- Unlike other mowers, it is quiet and safe to use. It is easy to handle and cannot disturb sleeping neighbors.
- No rocks or other items fly around when using the mower.
Although reel mowers have plenty of benefits, they are still not perfect. There are some downsides of the product, and sometimes it can be a bit hassle for the user to operate. The process of using this type of mower is very manual, compared to other easy, effortless and high-tech newly released mowers.
The following are some disadvantages when using this type of mower :-
- The mower is manually operated, so one must be prepared for some effort when using, and not be lazy. You have to persevere pushing it the whole time to fully cut the grass around your yard.
- It can’t slice up twigs and other hard things fallen in your backyard. It is fully intended for soft grasses only. Even those rough and tough grasses will be very hard to cut using the reel mower.
- It won’t work in yards or gardens with uneven surfaces. If your yard is surrounded with trees, then it will be hard for you to use this type of mower. This means that it is not suitable for all areas.
Top Rated Reel Mower Reviews
Top rated reel mowers which are out in the market become very popular and almost to the point of a ‘must have’ to buyers. These mowers are being purchased by many because of their durability and ability to perform well, even over long periods of time.
The very inexpensive mowers may get easily damaged and disposable, but these top rated mowers last for years and still function well. All you have to do is to properly care and maintain the soft use of the product. Below are two of the top rated reel mowers in the market:
- Scotts Reel Mower. One of the most popular mowers today is the Scotts Reel Mower. It is proven to be the best mower in dealing with the cutting power for various grasses. It is 20-inches wide, and with that, wide enough to cut more grasses compared to other fuel-operated grass mowers. Its cutting height ranges from 1 to 3 inches, high enough to cut tall grasses. The mower is also light to push, weighing approximately 30 pounds only.
- Great States Real Mower. This type of reel mower may look simple compared to other mowers, yet it has powerful functions and performs very efficiently. The blades of this product can just be heat-treated to maintain its sharpness. It has a wide cutting edge of 16- inches wide. It has adjustable height from ½ to 2 ¾ inches tall. Rust cannot penetrate easily into its handle because it is powder-coated. Therefore, it was is considered a long lasting mower.
Choosing a lawn mower for your needs and purposes can be a challenge. You have to think what product would be best to use, and which is the most suitable for your yard, especially when it comes to size.
You must always consider the type of garden or yard you have. They are efficient mowers as long as you have the knowledge on how to use it and the way to maintain their good condition, you will have a winning mower!
Read more reviews regarding reel grass mowers to deeply understand and learn more about their description, purpose and pros and cons.