String lights are often seen as the principal thing to liven up your garden during the Christmas periods. However, there has been a change in use from this period since there isn’t as much need for solar powered outdoor string lights.
Battery-powered can make things more accessible and deliver longer lighting sessions to introduce better LED lighting technologies.
Nowadays, you can hang lights through your trees or around your patio to offer a unique glow. All the while, knowing they are safe as the bulbs are cool to the touch, even after hours of operation.
Besides this, you can find many lights that will hang anywhere as they are weather-resistant, making them something that doesn’t need to be only used indoors.
In our reviews, we have five of the best sets of battery-operated outdoor lights you can scour, and then you can decide where you wish to easily use them to decorate your garden without the hassle of using outdoor solar string lights. (Find the Best Rechargeable LED Flashlight)
- Why You Need a Good Battery-Operated Outdoor String Light?
- Top Battery-Operated Outdoor String Light Reviews
- 1. Homestarry Fairy Lights Battery Operated Outdoor String Lights with Remote Color Changing Lights for Bedroom Indoor Wedding Stroller Christmas Costume, 16,4 ft 50 LED’s, Multicolor 13 Colors
- 2. WERTIOO 33ft 100 LEDs Battery Operated String Lights Globe Fairy Lights with Remote Control for Outdoor/Indoor Bedroom, Garden, Christmas Tree[8 Modes, Timer]
- 3. Battery Operated String Lights, LOENDE Waterproof 21FT 30 LED 8 Modes Fairy Garden Globe String Lights with Crystal Ball for Christmas Tree, Holiday, Outdoor, Indoor, Party Decor
- 4. String Lights,Waterproof LED String Lights,10Ft/30 LEDs Fairy String Lights Starry, Battery Operated String Lights for Indoor&Outdoor Decoration Wedding Home Parties Christmas Holiday
- 5. Twinkle Star 300 LED 99 FT Copper Wire String Lights Battery Operated 8 Modes with Remote, Waterproof Fairy String Lights for Indoor Outdoor Home Wedding Party Decoration
- Best Battery-Operated Outdoor String Light Buying Guide
- Final Verdict
Why You Need a Good Battery-Operated Outdoor String Light?
There are many reasons for needing good battery-operated outdoor string lights. For one, batteries are handy when there is a power cut, so hit your string light remote, and you can light up your outdoor area.
Besides this, it is easier to light a larger area for outdoor living or even security around your garden with multiple lights rather than one bulb. You can even make features from these lights as there isn’t much of a fire hazard from the low-power self-contained units.
Your imagination of how to use such lighting items will be the only restriction you have. You can choose between any of the modes for a steady, subtle glow, or if you want something livelier, you can set them to twinkle flash along with your included music.
Battery-powered lights give you many options not available with other kinds of string lights.
Top Battery-Operated Outdoor String Light Reviews
1. Homestarry Fairy Lights Battery Operated Outdoor String Lights with Remote Color Changing Lights for Bedroom Indoor Wedding Stroller Christmas Costume, 16,4 ft 50 LED’s, Multicolor 13 Colors
The Homestarry fairy lights offer great construction in the 16.4-foot-long string light that contains 50 LED bulbs. It uses four silver wires rather than the standard 2.
The mini-LED string lights are battery-powered, running on three AA with color changing from twinkling fairy lights. The lights are perfect as outdoor decorative lights, Christmas tree and New Year party,
The remote offers 13 colors and 3 light modes along with 10 brightness levels. For fine-tuning, you have the smart timer function for lights on for 6H and off for 18H.
- Lots of colors and lighting modes
- Timer function
- Double size bulb
- Can drain batteries quick if timer not used properly
- LEDs can have a tint of other colors
With a guide price of just under $9, you get a quality battery case constructed from high-quality PVC, and there is smart temperature control to prevent overheating. You can even control the lights from the box without the remote. For outdoor use, the battery box is
The unit is Ip44 waterproof rated, as are all the lights, and Homestarry possesses FCC and CE certificates and Rosh, safety guaranteed.
2. WERTIOO 33ft 100 LEDs Battery Operated String Lights Globe Fairy Lights with Remote Control for Outdoor/Indoor Bedroom, Garden, Christmas Tree[8 Modes, Timer]
The WERTIOO battery string light offers a length of 33feet containing 100 LED translucent globes. You can use the remote to set the 8 different modes and light sequences as well as setting the timer for 6 on and 18 off.
All parts are IP65 waterproof rated, although the battery pack shouldn’t be submerged underwater.
The bulbs are low energy and guaranteed not to overheat, as the battery LED lights are 4.5V and 3000K color temperature. The unit runs on 3 AA batteries (Not Included) and are safe to touch or used around children and pets.
- Durable enough to take camping
- High waterproof rating
- Great timer function
- Decent cord length
- Can easily break because of its size
- Not as bright as the images
With a guide price of just under $15, the WERTIOO area decent set of lights to light up many areas. You can find the white warm perfect to light outdoor areas, or if you wish to join any festive spirit, you can easily tap on the remote control to change the color and lighting mode.
3. Battery Operated String Lights, LOENDE Waterproof 21FT 30 LED 8 Modes Fairy Garden Globe String Lights with Crystal Ball for Christmas Tree, Holiday, Outdoor, Indoor, Party Decor
The LOENDE LED lights are on a 21ft string, and on this, you get 30 LED globes. You can set the timer for the regular 6 on and 18 off for battery efficiency. It uses 3 x AA batteries at 4.5 V to offer super bright and long-lasting illumination.
The battery box is waterproof and easy to use, and ideal for indoor or outdoor use. One downside is that there is no remote with these lights, so you need to position the end of the globe LED lights in easy reach of the control box.
- Lights a large area of space
- Delivers a nice even glow
- Easy to use
- Can be used anywhere
- Bulky compared to some LED cord lights
- No remote to operate the battery-powered lights
With a guide price of just under $22, these are costlier, yet they offer a unique look from the LED globes compared to small LED bulbs. The strings come with 8 modes that you can set to offer the right amount of light and save money.
4. String Lights,Waterproof LED String Lights,10Ft/30 LEDs Fairy String Lights Starry, Battery Operated String Lights for Indoor&Outdoor Decoration Wedding Home Parties Christmas Holiday
The led string lights here can be easily shaped and formed to offer unique designs. It offers 10ft of string lights that have 30 LEDs down their length.
The fairy lights use ultra-thin copper wire, and the bulbs offer a warm white light from the battery-operated string lights. You can use these lights in many instances from Christmas, Halloween, weddings, courtyards, gardens, or anywhere your imagination takes you.
- Easy to use
- Waterproof lights
- Energy efficient
- Battery box not waterproof
- Not many lighting options
With a guide price of just under $8, the lights are affordable and handy to have around. The lights are waterproof and cool to the touch, although the battery box isn’t waterproof. The led outdoor string lights have an ON / OFF feature and use 3 AA batteries (Not Included).
5. Twinkle Star 300 LED 99 FT Copper Wire String Lights Battery Operated 8 Modes with Remote, Waterproof Fairy String Lights for Indoor Outdoor Home Wedding Party Decoration
The Twinkle Star doesn’t offer any other color apart from warm white, yet it offers the longest number of feet of copper wire length and the highest number of LED bulbs.
You do, however, get 8 modes you can change with the remote control, so the bulbs can fill any space that may be hard to reach.
You can find this string of lights perfect for porch illumination, and the cord is long enough that you may not need a second set.
- Energy-saving LEDs
- Timer function
- Nearly 100 feet in one length
- Smart remote for fine-tuning
- Needs 6 x AA batteries for a power source
- Only one color
With a guide price of just under $16, you get many lights for your money; You can save purchasing a second set, although you may find the lack of color limiting for your needs.
Besides, it uses double the battery, and it could mean you end up lighting areas you don’t require all the time. (Find the Best Rated Electric Lawn Mower)
Best Battery-Operated Outdoor String Light Buying Guide
When purchasing string lights for outdoor use, you need to look at several things before making your purchase.
Water-Resistance: Outdoor lights need to be weather resistant and waterproof.
Efficient and Durable: Can you replace the bulbs, and do batteries drain quick? These are just a couple of questions to ask, although from the above, you’ll find from our outdoor string lights LED reviews. Such bulbs are cost-efficient.
What is their use? You do need to know where you will place your lighting strings. This can help you decide which lights are best suited for your use.
Power Source: You can’t buy an outdoor lighting string without knowing the type of batteries they use and if you can use rechargeable. Besides this, you need to understand how long the batteries last and how much replacements could be.
Bulb Type: Most outdoor lights now use LED; however, there could be some that you can change the bulb should one die.
Lighting Effects: Nowadays, you can have units that offer different modes of lighting. You can have steady, twinkle, flash and many more combinations of effects. A higher number of lighting modes on your outdoor string lights means you can use them in more situations.
Colors: You can find outdoor light strings that offer one white or white-warm color. However, for variation, you can choose ones that offer a range of colors. Find one that offers a wide range, and you can use them in the long-term on all occasions.
Length and Bulbs: One final thing to consider is the length in feet of your LED string lights and the number of bulbs you get in your length.
It was fun testing all these items, and they all have something to offer. Much of it depends on where you want to use them.
Yet, it was clear the Homestarry Fairy Lights Battery Operated Outdoor String Lights with Remote Color Changing Lights for Bedroom Indoor Wedding Stroller Christmas Costume, 16,4 ft 50 LED’s, and Multicolor 13 Colors would come out on top.
You can more lighting options and colors than the others, and all the parts are waterproof. The power source is enough to last for a while when using the timer, so you don’t have to worry about it dying on you in the midst of your gathering.
With 50 LEDs, you also get more light from the oversized LEDs while retaining energy efficiency. No matter your use, these are the best battery-operated string lights for your garden or camping. The remote control makes things much easier and is a real bonus.
Read more: Best Cordless Electric Mower