When looking for leaf blowers to get the job done, you noticed that electric blowers are better for the environment and produce less noise than their gas-powered counterparts. Still, you don’t want to be dragging extension cables or recharging batteries midway because of the size of your yard.
But, for whatever reason, you’ve decided that one of the best gas handheld leaf blowers is the way to go, as most of the current gas-powered leaf blower options have more power and better air movement ratings than other options allowing you to get the job done faster.
Unfortunately, gas-powered leaf blowers have 2-stroke engines, which emit carbon emissions, and there are environmental problems in some locations.
However, because of the improvements in engine design and you no longer need to use a walk-behind leaf blower, a backpack blower can get the job done faster and more efficiently.
In our gas leaf blower reviews, you can find all you need to know about the current best gas leaf blowers that can satisfy your needs without upsetting the neighbors. (Find the Best Riding Lawn Mower For The Money)
- Why You Need a Good Gas-Powered Leaf Blower
- Top Gas-Powered Leaf Blower Reviews
- 1. Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Engine Handheld Gas Powered Leaf Blower – Gasoline Blower with Nozzle Extension for Lawn Care
- 2. Poulan Pro PR48BT, 48cc 2-Cycle Gas 475 CFM 200 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower
- 3. Makita BHX2500CA 24.5 cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Blower
- 4. Schröder Industrial Backpack Leaf Blower 5-Year Warranty Model: SR-6400L
- 5. HUYOSEN Leaf Blowers 2-Cycle Engine 26CC Gas Blower Cordless Handheld Gasoline Blower with Nozzle Extension for Lawn Care, Double Length Tube Lightweight Gas Leaf Blower
- Best Gas-Powered Leaf Blower Buying Guide
- Final Verdict
By the end, you’ll know how to make the best purchase decision for your garden’s needs, and also possibly find the best gas leaf blower for the money.
Why You Need a Good Gas-Powered Leaf Blower
The main benefit of gas leaf blowers is that they may be used to quickly and efficiently route leaves and other waste to a place that can be more readily disposed of.
Top gas leaf blowers are a time-saving piece of equipment that eliminates the need to deal with fallen leaves with a brush and shovel.
Consider how much of a mess leaves make in the fall and winter. It can be an eyesore, yet thinking of hours raking can be enough to put you off the task.
If you have the best leaf blower type, you know how simple it is to turn it on and blast those leaves into a single, convenient pile, from which you can quickly scoop them up or start a fire.
You may put them in your compost pile and mulch them, and this is a lot easier than doing so manually.
Consider any of the backpack gas-leaf blower devices if you have more than a small outdoor space. They are stronger and will make your life a lot easier than using walk-behind leaf blowers.
One task often overlooked is getting rid of grass clippings after mowing the lawn. With higher air movement ratings, they can easily move your clippings off your grass so you can avoid thatching and rake marks. (Find the Best Mulching Lawn Mowers)
Top Gas-Powered Leaf Blower Reviews
1. Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Engine Handheld Gas Powered Leaf Blower – Gasoline Blower with Nozzle Extension for Lawn Care
Craftsman’s high-rated handheld leaf blower combines outstanding performance with exceptional value. Because of the outstanding features it offers, it has a user-friendly design that features a translucent fuel tank, so no more guessing of how much gas you have left.
The lightweight blower is built for balance and can easily be used single-handed. The Craftsmen handheld leaf blower is one of the simplest ways to work smarter, not harder.
The 25cc 2-cycle engine delivers air velocity of 200 MPH and air volume up to 430 cfm.
- Quick start technology uses the prime, choke, and pull method
- It comes with adjustable tube length and scraper
- 2-cycle oil included with the gas leaf blower
- It offers a variable speed control
- 2-stroke engines could be banned in some areas. Check before purchase.
- Vibrations can induce fatigue on extended use
With a guide price of just above $110, you get one of the most highly rated gas leaf blowers there is. The handheld blower makes light work of the most demanding jobs around your yard, and the variable speed trigger means you maintain control when you need it.
2. Poulan Pro PR48BT, 48cc 2-Cycle Gas 475 CFM 200 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower
The Poulan Pro PR48BT is a powerful backpack blower comprising great features, and packing a 48 cc, 2-cycle engine.
The backpack gas leaf blower generates 475 cubic feet of air per minute, and it has the power to generate gusts up to 200 mph. You get a variable speed throttle that sits on the handgrip of the nozzle.
There are adjustable shoulder straps for comfort, and you can also use the cruise control, so you are just in charge of guiding your leaves.
The back sitting gas leaf blower has a weight of 22 lbs, which you can hardly notice with the harness on the powerful leaf blower.
- Powerful engine with high speed and airflow
- Comfortable load-reducing harness
- Clear visible fuel tank
- Reduces hand fatigue and vibrations
- Heavier than handheld blowers
With a ballpark guide price of $240, you’ll find this best gas leaf blower higher up in the garden maintenance budget.
However, if you have a large area and want to reduce the aches in your arms, the Poulan Pro could be right at the top of gas blowers you wear on your back.
No products found.
No products found.
3. Makita BHX2500CA 24.5 cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Blower
The Makita BHX2500CA Leaf Blower has a four-stroke engine, which is less polluting than the 2-stroke engine that most leaf blowers come with. It also offers Mechanical Automatic Engine Decompression for quicker, easier starting.
The Makita leaf blower is better for the environment with its fuel-efficient 4-stroke engine, which conforms to EPA and CARB rules for emissions.
The superior engine design pumps out air speed at 145 miles per hour at a noise level of 67dB.
However, with great power comes extra weight, and this gas engine blower weighs 9.8 lbs.
- 24.5 cc four-stroke engine offers fuel efficiency and fewer emissions
- Can exceed emission requirements set by EPA and CARB
- Cruise control lever to reduce fatigue
- No need to mix fuel in 17.7 oz. fuel tank capacity, and keeps the spark plug cleaner
- Not the lightest handheld model with a full gas tank
- Not very effective on large lawns
Coming in with a guide price of almost $240, you get an effective handheld blower that meets regulations. However, there are few niggles, such as the weight and the effectiveness over large areas.
Some customer concerns point to the air filter side of the blower getting blocked by loose-fitting clothing when in use. Aside from the air intake issue, it still deserves a place as a top gas blower model.
4. Schröder Industrial Backpack Leaf Blower 5-Year Warranty Model: SR-6400L
Not many other models here offer specs like the Schröder industrial backpack leaf blower SR-6400L for raw power.
The high-performance, commercial-grade blower moves 920 cubic feet of air per minute and 230 mph wind gusts. Powering this is the 63 cc engine producing 3.7 horsepower. Clear gas tank
The lawn sweeper, while powerful, is luckily lighter than other backpack variants, weighing only 19.5 pounds.
The Schröder SR-6400L offers a 5-year warranty, showing the durability of the small gas engine and other components.
- Powerful engine delivers 920 CFM and 230 mph air speeds
- Light for a backpack model @ 19.5 lbs
- 5-year commercial warranty
- Large capacity fuel tank @ 65 oz.
- Blower tube can kink with use
With a guide price of just under $340, you get a powerful blower. The variable speed control option enables you to use the maximum speed on your lawns or drop the blower mode air volume on hard surfaces.
5. HUYOSEN Leaf Blowers 2-Cycle Engine 26CC Gas Blower Cordless Handheld Gasoline Blower with Nozzle Extension for Lawn Care, Double Length Tube Lightweight Gas Leaf Blower
The HUYOSEN sits among the best gas leaf blowers, and while one of the more affordable, it is one of the more powerful. The engine is a 26 cc 2-cycle engine and offers an easy start option. Once running, you have 70m/s and up to 547 cfm air volume.
This leaf blower is heavier than others, at 9.5 pounds.
- Cruise control and dedicated off-switch
- Impressive performance
- Double length tube
- Great air flow
- No variable speed throttle, all by trigger
- On the heavy side
With a guide price of just under $120, you get a budget leaf blower delivered in the performance department.
It has a sort of cruise control and makes clearing your garden much easier than a rake without breaking the bank. The two-part nozzle makes it suitable for taller gardeners, as there is no need to bend to reach stubborn leaves.
Best Gas-Powered Leaf Blower Buying Guide
When searching for a leaf blower, you need to check over a few things.
Electric vs. gas-powered leaf blower
Still undecided about whether to use a gas or electric leaf blower? Here are the areas of difference to help you choose the right gas leaf blower.
Portability: Most electric leaf blowers have cords dragged behind you, similar to a vacuum cleaner. If they are battery-powered, these have small power packs that you need to carry around. (Read Lawn Mower Won’t Start When Hot – What to Do)
Power: While you have several battery-powered leaf blowers, you often find these underpowered compared to the power of a petrol engine. A battery-powered engine might not provide the same amount of air force. Gas-powered blowers are all cordless and offer more portability and blowing capacity.
Fuel: You must also buy gas and engine oil mixed, or you can mix your own for fresh gas in your fuel tank. Fuel leakage can be an issue on some models. Gas vapors could rise toward your face depending on the model and the weather.
Environment: Petroleum burning produces atmospheric carbon emissions and promotes climate change. Cleaning air filters is another thing gas engines need to deal with.
Noise: Because noise levels vary depending on the model, check the decibels on any powered air blowers. Engines of around 3.7-horsepower, and you need to use ear protection.
Weight: There are several advantages to using gasoline, yet gas-powered leaf blowers are heavier, so you will lug some weight around no matter which model you choose compared to an electric blower.
You can select the type of leaf blower that is ideal for you once you examine the benefits and drawbacks,
Backpack leaf blower vs. handheld
Handheld and backpack models of gas-powered leaf blowers are available, and even the name shows the differences between the two.
One you carry by hand, and the other you carry on your back. It’s worth going over the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Backpack: The backpack blowers’ major advantage will be raw power. You can carry a bigger engine on your back rather than in one hand.
If you have many leaves to move, the bigger design may be preferable as backpack models offer a larger fuel tank, allowing them to run for longer periods of time.
Handheld: The weight of handheld models is their key selling point. If lugging a 22-pound machine about isn’t your idea of fun, you’ll want to opt for a smaller, handheld model.
How much does a gas-powered leaf blower weigh?
Most models weigh about 10 pounds. And though they’re quieter than they used to be, gas models are still loud, and you should use hearing protection.
How do you start a gas-powered Echo leaf blower?
- In a small gas can, combine the gas and the oil. Shake the can to mix the oil with the gas.
- Insert the priming bulb and slowly release it six times. Close the choke valve (put the choke on).
- Pull the starting cord one to four times to get it started. Allow at least 10 seconds for the engine to run.
In testing, there was a lot to go through. Because of price, we ruled out backpack blowers, and then it was the Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Engine Handheld Gas Powered Leaf Blower – Gasoline Blower with Nozzle Extension for Lawn Care that showed its true form.
It covers all the basics and covers them well. It is easy to start, has a long nozzle, and can complete tasks faster with the high CFM from the 25 cc engine.
While there are niggles, these are outweighed by the benefits of using such a convenient and effective garden sweeper. It has to be the best gas-powered leaf blower for any budget.