Garden lights can add that finishing touch to your yard. They add a soft touch to your yard and help you navigate in the dark. Besides this, you can use them to highlight your landscape features you wish to display.
A quick search offers up many solar light options, yet finding the right one can be challenging. In the past, the best used to be the more expensive options, yet these days things are very different.
Here you can find a range of the best solar outdoor lighting that will grace your yard and make the best of your garden.
Why You Need the Solar Powered Lights For Outdoors
Previous solar garden lights and systems were not very good, and they could only last a few months. Internal batteries couldn’t handle on-and-off daily cycles.
Newer solar lights for outdoor uses are more efficient, weather-resistant, and effective when they light up your yard. Solar lights will save money on monthly energy bills as they don’t take any power from the grid. Besides, you can even use them in power outages.
- Why You Need the Solar Powered Lights For Outdoors
- Top Solar Powered Lights For Outdoors Reviews
- 1. LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor, 3 Optional Modes Wireless Motion Sensor Light with 270° Wide Angle, IP65 Waterproof, Easy-to-Install Security Lights for Front Door, Yard, Garage, Deck
- 2. URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light for Patio, Deck, Yard, Garden with Motion Activated Auto On/Off
- 3. URPOWER Solar Lights, 2-in-1 Waterproof 4 LED Solar Spotlight Adjustable Wall Light Landscape Light Security Lighting Dark Sensing Auto On/Off for Patio Deck Yard Garden Driveway Pool Area
- 4. New Upgraded Solar Lights with Wide Angle Illumination, Outdoor Motion Sensor Waterproof Wall Light Wireless Security Night Light with 3 Modes for Driveway Garden Step Stair Fence Deck
- 5. LITOM 12 LED Solar Landscape Spotlights, IP67 Waterproof Solar Powered Wall Lights 2-in-1 Wireless Outdoor Solar Landscaping Light for Yard Garden Driveway Porch Walkway Pool Patio
- Solar Powered Lights for Outdoors Buying guide
- Final Verdict
Solar lights can cast a soft glow as path lights on pathways, or you can use them as bright security lights, garden spotlights, or other uses.
Top Solar Powered Lights For Outdoors Reviews
No products found.
No products found.
1. LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor, 3 Optional Modes Wireless Motion Sensor Light with 270° Wide Angle, IP65 Waterproof, Easy-to-Install Security Lights for Front Door, Yard, Garage, Deck
The Litom Original comes with three functions. You can select lighting modes from always-on, dim or bright modes, and motion detection. It is straightforward to change modes with the selector switch on the side of the light’s body.
Such versatile lighting modes make this outdoor solar light ideal to be used almost anywhere around your yard and garden.
They offer excellent dispersion light as they brighten pathways around your yard, as does the spotlight function from these units.
The solar panel on top of the units delivers great charging capacity, and the battery can last nearly 8 hours on a full charge.
Lights left in the motion-only setting will last all night without any fear of rubbing out of power. Once detected, the motion detection turns off after 15-seconds to preserve battery life.
The motion detector covers 26-feet in a 270-degree arc of light, making them ideal as perimeter garden security lights.
The light is rated to IP65 and can cope with the coldest and warmest weather. The lights also come with a warranty and are rated to 30,000+ hours of use.
- Three modes of operation
- Excellent weather resistance, suitable for use in hot and cold temperatures.
- Bright light over a wide range
- Easy mounting
- Mounting system not suitable for rock or bricks
- The lights dim a little after several months
- Can occasionally stick in mode
With a guide price of around $18.00, this is a lot of light for very little money. They come from one of the industry’s biggest names, and there is lots of user experience using the best solar outdoor light for most users.
2. URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light for Patio, Deck, Yard,
Garden with Motion Activated Auto On/Off
This solar-powered lighting system works well as security or spotlight. With this device, it provides many hours of constant lighting. It has a large solar panel that captures light under cloudy conditions.
The manufacturer estimates the lifetime of these lights to be five years, significantly longer than most systems.
The device has a motion sensor that detects movement at a distance of 10 feet away from the lamp at an angle of 120 degrees. It has an automatic ON/OFF cycle, including two brightness settings. These lights come in packs of four, are heat resistant, and waterproof.
- Adjustable solar panel and light.
- Excellent options for security and perimeter lighting.
- Motion detection settings
- Weatherproof to IP 64
- No mounting for security lamp.
- Not suitable for path lights use
With a guide price of around $30 for four lights, it can be a cost-effective way to brighten your yard or add some security. There is also a limited warranty
While it takes 6 to 8 hours for a full charge, if you don’t have that much light during the day, you may find your light cutting the night short in the operation of the 10 hours you may require.
3. URPOWER Solar Lights, 2-in-1 Waterproof 4 LED Solar Spotlight Adjustable Wall Light Landscape Light Security Lighting Dark Sensing Auto On/Off for Patio Deck Yard Garden Driveway Pool Area
The advantage of these LED solar garden lights is versatility. You can stake them and mount them. Also, each solar panel and light unit is adjustable to maximize sunlight and spotlight capability. The lights are only auto on or off, yet have an off switch for storage and bright and dim setting.
The solar garden lights can be used to spotlight or path lights with lighting up to around 15 feet, yet they may not last the night on a charge at this setting.
These lights are better used as function lights for short periods at night, and after a specific time, it doesn’t matter if they don’t illuminate after a few hours.
They provide a bright pathway surface but may be too intense for subtle yard lighting, even if set on low.
- Adjustable solar panel and lights
- Water and weatherproof to IP64
- 200 lumens in 4 LEDs
- Comes with a dimmer option for up to 10 hours of operation
- Lights may dim after a few months
- Complaints of short lighting capacity
- No motion detection
With a guide price of $29.99, you get a decent lighting pack, although a few features are missing. All in, it is a decent pack of two lights, and you will find more than enough illumination for the darker areas of your garden.
4. New Upgraded Solar Lights with Wide Angle Illumination, Outdoor Motion Sensor Waterproof Wall Light Wireless Security Night Light with 3 Modes for Driveway Garden Step Stair Fence Deck
Aootek’s 3 Mode Outdoor Solar Garden Lights are a no-fuss light and offer plenty of coverage form the 48 LED lights. They have been arranged to maximize reach in front and to the sides.
Mode one is automatic-on, all night, and is the simplest, which means lights come on in the dark and go off in the daylight.
The two motion-sensing modes are unique with bright and motion-sensing dim modes. Using this means that you can have the light come on even without being fully charged in days that are not sunny.
These modes make these lights very flexible, where you can use them as you can light up a patio for a gathering or as a security light for up to 10 hours cover.
These lights offer 450 lumens each, which can cover most of your yard if you place them right.
- High number of LED lights
- Large cover of light solar illumination
- Motion detection up to 26 feet
- Withstands extreme weather
- Not suitable for pathway use
- Only one battery, so possible limited operation
- Mode switches hard to reach
With a guide of around $45, you are paying toward the top end of your budget, although this is a twin pack of lighting solar options. While they deliver great light, they are limited to fixing positions and mounting.
No products found.
No products found.
5. LITOM 12 LED Solar Landscape Spotlights, IP67 Waterproof Solar Powered Wall Lights 2-in-1 Wireless Outdoor Solar Landscaping Light for Yard Garden Driveway Porch Walkway Pool Patio
With these lights, you get cold white light, and they offer a 120-degree lighting angle and a larger solar panel for efficient charging. Each light comes with Longer Working Time from the 18650-lithium rechargeable battery.
You can select from 2 modes of Brightness Lighting Modes. The always-on in low light mode gives 12 hours of use while bright delivers 6 hours of use.
The LITOM solar spotlights automatically detect environmental brightness; thus, the solar light automatically switches from energy storage mode to lighting with no motion detection once the brightness requires illumination.
From all solar lighting, the IP67 Waterproof Technology makes the high-impact ABS plastic housings suitable for all-weather use. You can also make full use of the mounting options. Stick in your garden or mount to the wall.
- Bright cool light at 600 lumens
- High capacity battery for 12-hour use
- Fantastic weatherproofing
- Can turn on in poor weather conditions
- Limited features
With a guide price of just under $130, you pay top end for these white light solar options. However, if the light is your requirements, they deliver in copious amounts compared to some models.
Solar Powered Lights for Outdoors Buying guide
When you are searching for solar lighting options, there are several things you need to consider.
You can have any bulb type, yet you are best with LED as these deliver the best power savings. You can also find LEDs can come with different colors or lighting modes.
Choices of Solar Lights
You may need accent lighting in your garden or to highlight trees, fountains, or other features. Aside from this, you may need them to light up paths or driveways.
Many of these lights are now used for security, and accents in trees are left to string lights. Such string lights resemble Christmas lights yet are more durable and not much use apart from feature highlighting.
Many in our revies are made from PVC as they are typically hung on walls. You can, however, have other materials such as stainless steel, glass, and other materials. While stainless steel is more durable and can be a better option for driveway lighting, you will find stainless steel very expensive.
When testing these solar lights, it was clear which one would lead from the front in these reviews.
The winner, by far, is the LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor, 3 Optional Modes Wireless Motion Sensor Light with 270° Wide Angle, IP65 Waterproof, Easy-to-Install Security Lights for Front Door, Yard, Garage, Deck.
It offers the best weatherproofing, lighting, and durability in all lights that cost much more. There are more extensive coverage and plenty of modes to choose between to cover all your needs.
It is energy-efficient, and you can see from the vast numbers of customer reviews, they all think it is the best solar garden light you can choose.