Trampolines are becoming increasingly popular since they give limitless amusement and excitement to children and adults. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind before you head off to your healthy and active lifestyle.
While you could rush out to buy one, it’s easy to get one that isn’t suitable. There is the trampoline weight limit to consider for adults to use, and also a toddler trampoline weight limit.
Trampoline weight limits are often the upper limit, yet you don’t want to find the trampoline springs are too hard for toddlers, and they can’t bounce.
Besides this, it is better not to rely on the manufacturer’s own weight rating as to your only guide. There are many more things to consider, such as the shape of your trampoline and the trampoline materials.
In our guide, you can find out more about what factors determine trampoline sizes. For example, rectangular trampolines can be very different from round trampolines.
By the end, you’ll have a better idea of what the limit on a trampoline can be for your garden. You’ll also see the upward force to get a good bouncing motion for the lighter person in the family. (Read our Trampoline Leveling Guide)
What Is The Weight Limit For A 15-foot Trampoline?
Trampolines for toddlers and children are usually less than 10 feet long and can support a load of 50 to 150 pounds. The 12ft trampolines for teens can easily sustain 250 to 300 pounds, 14ft trampolines can support 250 to 350 pounds, and 15 and 16ft trampolines can support 250 to 450 pounds.
Here, you can find out more about the weight limits on trampolines.
Know the trampoline weight limit
The importance of trampolines’ weight capacity is required before trampoline injuries happen; thus, you must first determine the trampoline weight capacity.
Assume your children are playing on a trampoline with a weight capacity of 150 pounds. Should an adult weighing 180 pounds start jumping, it could lead to severe injury or breaking parts of the trampoline.
Most often, you’d find multiple children exceeding the trampoline weight limit without realizing or knowing the dangers of reaching the maximum weight limit.
The springs of small trampolines can’t support a lot of downward force or support weight over a certain amount. Such a trampoline frame and trampoline mat are designed for little children. If you exceed the limit of a toddler trampoline, the springs and frame can break, and your kids may suffer injury.
What determines how much weight can a trampoline hold?
After knowing the importance of the weight rating of trampolines, you may be curious about which factors determine the trampolines’ weight limit. The most critical aspects are trampolines’ material, size, and style.
Here is a breakdown of what can determine the different weight limits covering a wide weight range up to a maximum weight limit that can meet a family’s needs.
The most crucial components of trampolines are spring/bungee cords, frames, and jumping mats.
Springs or bungee cords provide the bouncing action, similar to that of a trampoline chair. The springs have a better bouncing ability if they are rust-resistant, compact, and thick enough, resulting in a higher weight rating.
As the number of springs on the trampoline rises, so does its bouncing and weight capacity. The same reasoning applies to bungee cords.
The frame is the trampoline’s foundation. The thick rust-resistant gauge steel frame enhances the robustness. An adult trampoline’s frame is more stable than a child’s trampoline’s frame. This increases the mass of the trampoline and allows it to support greater weight.
UV-resistant woven polypropylene or water-resistant canvas are common materials for jumping mats. Jump carpets with various stitching in the edges and needed sections are long-lasting and large enough to support a lot of weight. (Read BBQ Party Games Ideas For Adults)
Load constraints on trampolines typically increase with trampoline size. On the other hand, adult rebounders are an exception; despite their diminutive size, they can support over 250 pounds.
Although these rebounders have some disadvantages, they are not a serious concern because their advantages outweigh their disadvantages.
Trampolines for toddlers and children are typically less than 10 feet long and may hold 50 to 150 pounds of weight. Teens can easily support 250 to 300 pounds on 12ft trampolines, 250 to 350 pounds on 14ft trampolines, and 250 to 450 pounds on 15 and 16ft trampolines.
The most common trampolines are round and rectangular. Rectangular trampolines can hold more weight than circular trampolines on average.
The weight capacity of a 14-foot round trampoline, for example, is 400 pounds. On the other hand, a good 9x12ft rectangle trampoline can support up to 450 pounds.
What Size Trampoline Can Adults Go On?
- 10 Months to 5 Years: Mini-Small Trampolines from 36 inches to 7 feet
- Kids and Adults 6 Year and Older: Small, Medium and Full-Size Trampolines from 8 feet to 17 feet
- Only Adults: Fitness Trampolines or Rebounders up to 3.5 feet with a handlebar
Here you can see more trampoline max weight limits for various brands.
- The weight capacity of the Little Tikes 3ft trampoline is 55 pounds.
- The typical weight capacity of springless trampolines is 300 pounds.
- My first trampoline is a Sportspower 7ft trampoline with a load capability of 220lbs.
- The maximum weight capacity of an Acon trampoline is 800 pounds.
- Zupapa trampolines have a 375-pound weight capability.
- The weight limit on Sportspower trampolines is 220 pounds.
- The weight capacity of Upper Bounce trampolines is 330 pounds.
They are the ones who produce the bouncy effect, and as a result, they have a direct impact on the weight restriction. If a tramp has lightweight springs, it will be more suitable for someone who is not very heavy, and if it has heavy-duty springs, it was most likely designed for someone who is quite large because the springs will require a larger person to stretch.
The jumping mat is another material used to determine the weight limit. The method they used to weave the material is essential for accommodating people of various weights. Most tramps are composed of woven polypropylene or waterproof canvas.
A trampoline designed for a light person has fewer stitching rows than one designed for a heavy person so that the springs can accommodate the user. (Find the Best Battery For Outdoor Lights)
Jumping pads are often available in various sizes to suit your demands and available space. But most significantly, they are simple to set up and give hours of entertainment for your children.
Finally, the structure’s material and design play a part in defining the tramp’s weight limit. Most heavyweight tramps, for example, have thick gauge steel on their frames for optimum stability and to prevent them from buckling when the user is on them.
In contrast, a tramp intended for a lighter person will have less thick steel on its frame since it can easily bear the person’s weight.
However, it is essential to remember that trampoline manufacturers enforce weight limits for your protection, as falling from a trampoline is an accident that no one wants to happen.
Rectangular or Rounded
The weight restriction is heavily influenced by the trampoline’s design. Rectangular and spherical trampolines are currently the most popular on the market, and they both affect weight restrictions.
The most common rectangular size is 6 by 12 feet, with most of them having a trampoline weight limit of 450 pounds. They can also support more weight than their rounder equivalents. Round trampolines are typically 14 feet in diameter and feature a 400-pound weight limit.
Brands of Trampolines
Here are a handful of top trampoline brands. Many make things from a fitness trampoline, toddler trampolines, mini trampoline to a proper trampoline like a rectangular trampoline or round trampoline that offers a high weight limit of a trampoline.
This is the best trampoline brand for many, and since 2004, they have produced high-quality trampolines and trampoline accessories.
Their buttonhole mat and safety net distinguish Skywalker trampolines. This device prevents users from falling through harmful gaps in the trampoline. The heavyweight trampolines’ safety nets are very durable and difficult for children to climb because of the tight weave. The trampolines are additionally equipped with padding to avoid injuries from falling.
- Skywalker Trampoline Weight Limits are is 275 lbs.
- 12ft Skywalker Trampoline Weight limits are 200 lbs.
- 10ft Skywalker Trampoline Weight limit is 175 lbs.
- 8ft Skywalker Trampoline Weight capacity is 175 lbs
Zupapa is another well-known German trampoline brand. TUV Nord, a renowned European certification firm for athletic equipment and appliances, certifies the company’s trampolines. So, their trampolines are of the highest quality.
The galvanized steel trampolines will not rust for many seasons. The springs are likewise composed of strong steel, and there are more of them than on most comparable-sized trampolines and offer an equivalent upward force as the same trampoline weight limit and bounce with fewer springs.
The rounded trampolines are powerful and solid and offer favorable trampoline reviews thanks to wide legs and a robust safety net encircling the mat.
As the name implies, Springfree trampolines give a jumping experience with no springs. The brand launched its first unique model in 2003 yet still offers a decent limit of a trampoline.
A Springfree trampoline is among the safest on the market because of the absence of heavy metal springs. Instead of metal springs, these trampolines use flexible rods that still give a good bounce.
The rods are also beneath the trampoline, so users don’t risk hitting them with any downward force or upward force from the jumping mat. Aside from the rods, the safety net is flexible enough to bend with people when they collide.
You can also find you get much the same weight limit on a trampoline with this type of construction as a regular trampoline weight limit.
Vuly is a well-known springless trampoline brand. Instead of flexible rods, Vuly trampolines include “Leaf Springs.” These are curved springs that protrude out from the side of the trampoline and let users bounce higher and still hold weight of a heavyweight person.
Vuly trampolines also have safety nets. The nets are UV resistant and constructed of polyethylene. The netting is firmly knit, reducing tearing and finger and toe entanglement, and the trampoline weight limit will be based on the size.
Bounce Pro Trampolines
Bounce Pro is a well-known American trampoline brand. Unlike Springfree and Vuly, Bounce Pro produces classic trampolines at a lower cost.
Curved poles on the trampolines help prevent users from clashing when falling against the safety net surround. They also include a cushioned layer over the metal springs to avoid damage.
Aside from the classics, Bounce Pro features several junior trampoline or mini trampolines for a small, lightweight person. At the other end, they have models that can take a considerable trampoline weight with a twin trampoline design, so two users can jump simultaneously.
Safety Tips for Trampoline Use
The following are some safety precautions besides how much weight a trampoline can hold.
- During assembly, inspect your trampoline for any damage symptoms or structural issues; the slightest damage could influence how much weight can a trampoline hold.
- Double-check the trampoline springs are secured. When the springs become rusted and stretched, it’s time to replace them as weight limits will be reduced.
- Place the trampoline on a level, even surface. Do not set the trampoline on hard surfaces unless you have a trampoline safety net or a crash pad installed.
- Keep the trampoline away from any trees, walls, fences, or other structures. A minimum of 8 feet of fall zone around the exterior of the trampoline is required. Also, the international trampoline federation states indoor space needs to be at least 26 feet, you may not reach this height, but most buildings are not suitable for a trampoline.
- Cover the springs, hooks, and heavy-duty frame with shock-absorbing safety padding. Should the trampoline weight limit be reached, you need springs and the frame covered in case of breakage.
- Make sure the trampoline has a safety enclosure. The lack of a safety cage is responsible for 70% of trampoline-related injuries, not how much weight the trampoline can hold or can’t.
- Teach your children to go on and off the trampoline using the trampoline ladder.
- Before jumping on a trampoline, remove jewelry and other sharp objects.
- Before jumping, remove any objects underneath the trampoline jumping pad.
- Keep youngsters under adult supervision anytime they use the trampoline. In addition, children under the age of five should not use trampolines.
- How much weight can a trampoline hold often means you shouldn’t let more than one person jump at the same time.
- Don’t use a trampoline if it’s damp.
- Pets should not be allowed on the trampoline.
- Do not use the trampoline if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.