This is a 20-inch lawnmower that has a 2-year warranty, costing around $108.86. This push reel lawn mower weighs only 34 pounds. It has dual tracking wheels for all sorts of turf. This classic lawnmower is environmentally friendly, helping you reduce your carbon footprint. It comes equipped with quick-snap height adjusters, which means you can control the height of your grass to the point of precision.
Nine height slots are varying from one to three inches in height. 5 steel blades with efficient running ball bearings make for excellent cuts.
- Classic Scotts 20 inch push no-motor manual reel rotary lawn mower features 20" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" dual tracking wheels
- Quick-snap 1"-3" cutting height adjustment for a clean, even cut every time with this Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower
- Blades on the Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- Ergonomic handle with cushioned grip for comfort when using the Scotts 20 inch 5-blade manual hand push no-motor reel lawn mower; Easy, tool-less assembly
- Lightweight and easy to operate; This engine-free, no-motor, classic manual reel hand push lawn mower requires no gas or oil
Why is the Scotts 200-20 Reel Lawn Mower for you?
The 20-inch cutting width is ideal if you want to get it over with quickly because the greater width (as compared to average push reel mowers) makes for fewer passes. The blades are very durable and make for excellent mulching. The combination of the composite and tracking wheels make it very easy to move and turn, reducing drag and giving excellent traction.
This lawnmower is designed with an eye towards easy assembly, with no engine parts to manage or maintain, and the foam grip on the loop handle making for a good grip. It has received a positive response as the blades stay sharper for longer, and the height level can be easily changed with a lever. It can manage weeds and uneven surfaces and is lightweight, hence more comfortable to handle.
Plus, you get to save on fuel consumption, as compared to average gas lawnmowers. And no motor means there is no noise.
Thick grass will require more manual effort from the mower, so be ready for some exercise. Furthermore, it may not cut tall weeds and grass if you just let it grow. Some people complain that they have to mow their lawn more often than before; otherwise, it gets tough to manage. It also does not cut close to the edges, which may compromise the look.
Also, it is not ideal to have bumps or uneven surfaces on your lawn. The only downside to assembling is that the foam pad is a little hard to get onto the loop handle, so you may have to use some dishwasher liquid as a lubricant. The bolts may also come loose. It does not cut grass that lies down and is more of a trim than a cut. Hence regular cutting is essential.
This lawnmower is more suitable to certain types of people, particularly the environment-conscious ones. It is particularly ideal if you are on a budget and need to save on fuel. Furthermore, most push reel mower reviews suggest that it is not ideal if you don’t mow your lawn regularly in case of rain or if you go on vacations. Also, it is more suited for smaller and cleaner lawns, not hilly or bumpy ones.
You can also use it on bigger lawns, as long as you don’t mind the exercise. It is also safer if you have kids, as there are no flying rocks or shrapnel with this mower. Check out our other similar style mower review here.