Gutters covering a home’s roof edges are not often seen as essential parts of home maintenance. However, they do fulfill vital functions in homes in moist climates.
During heavy rainfall, your guard gutter will catch rainwater running off the roof and direct it away from the house, thereby maintaining the foundations. If guttering is not incorrect operation, the rain can accumulate and eventually damage the structure of the house.
The optimal functioning of your gutters needs them to be clear of debris and leaves.
Here you can find our micro-mesh gutter guard reviews of some of the gutter guards, best performers on the market.
- Why You Need Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guards
- Top Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guards Reviews
- 1. LeafFilter Gutter Guard
- 2. Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh, Raptor Gutter Guard: A Contractor-Grade DIY Gutter Cover That fits Any roof or Gutter type-48ft to a Box and fits a 5” Gutter
- 3. Amerimax Home Products 86670 Snap-in Filter Gutter Guard
- 4. AMERIMAX HOME PRODUCTS 85280BX 6” x3’ MF Gutt Guard
- Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guards Buying guide
- Final Verdict
Why You Need Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guards
As fall begins and colors of turning leaves catch everyone’s attention, they often forget these fall and most often land on roofs and in gutters.
Gutter guard installation helps prevent these soggy buildups of leaves, twigs, and other debris. Here are the main reasons you ought to consider having gutter guards on your home.
- Stop debris: You find this is the number one reason. Gutter guards prevent the accumulation of debris while allowing water to run into the gutter and then your drains.
- Prevent repairs: It doesn’t take long to need gutter services for gutters that are full of debris. You may find gutters are damaged or even your home where water runs where it shouldn’t.
- Less maintenance: Once you have gutter guards fitted, you don’t need to check and clean your gutters as you used to. No more scaling ladders or getting professionals in to look.
- No need to get out the ultimate washers and power wash your gutters.
Top Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guards Reviews
1. LeafFilter Gutter Guard
Leaf Filter mesh stainless steel is of mesh size 275μ. The mesh is fitted across the top of a unique uPVC frame, which they designed to make sure it could keep anything out of your gutters aside from water.
You may find if you have large fluctuations in the weather, the PVC can sometimes expand and contract. However, professional installers screw this gutter guard in place, so it isn’t too much of an issue.
One unique feature of the LeafFilter is that it doesn’t sit under your shingles; instead, it comes with an 11-degree pitch gutter covers by design, which helps the debris bypass your gutters.
- Very effective against small debris such as pine needles.
- Constructed from surgical grade stainless steel mesh
- Reinforced PVC with aluminum support frames
- Can suffer from ice in cold regions
- Installation by LeafFilter professionals only
With a guide price of around $17 per linear foot with installation, the LeafFilter can be the best solution to stop anything ever falling in your gutters again.
The fine mesh gutter guards can be fitted right on your existing gutters, and you have peace of mind with the lifetime warranty. It is often rated as the best gutter guard on the market.
2. Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh, Raptor Gutter Guard: A Contractor-Grade DIY Gutter Cover That fits Any roof or Gutter type-48ft to a Box and fits a 5” Gutter
You will find the Raptor one of the top amongst micro mesh gutter guards. It is very capable of keeping the gutters clean of leaves, pine needles, and keeping rainwater flowing. Add to this; it will stop all pests and insects from making your gutters their homes.
The gutter protection system by Raptor features stainless steel V bend construction, which is one of the best materials you can hope to use when dealing with products regularly exposed to fluctuating temperatures and conditions.
The standard Raptor guards can cover five-inch gutters or smaller. You can order a sample pack to be sure you are selecting the right choice of fine mesh, gutter guard.
- 25-year warranty
- Made with stainless steel
- Installation hardware included
- Doesn’t void roof warranty
- The fine surface may cause water overflow during heavy rainfall
With a guide price of $115, you will find each box of gutter guards can cover around 48 feet of gutters.
In the pack, you also get a hex head driver, self-tapping screws that are required for the gutter guard’s installation. You will also get a 25-year warranty, so you can have many years of not needing to clean your gutters.
3. Amerimax Home Products 86670 Snap-in Filter Gutter Guard
Amerimax is one of the larger names in gutter covers, and this one is a better option than the Costco gutter guard many homeowners lean toward.
It delivers a high-quality product to keep your gutters clean. The snap-in micromesh filter offers all it needs for it to be one of the best products of its kind.
If you have gutters of different sizes, then you find this compatible for four, five, or six-inch K-style gutters.
The guards are made from durable PVC, which can withstand heavy wear-and-tear. The system comprises 25 separate pieces, totaling 75 feet of coverage, thus ideal for most average-sized homes.
- Prevents debris like leaves, pine needles from gutters
- Quick snap-on installation
- Large 75 feet per pack
- It is made from durable PVC.
- Dented gutters make installation difficult
- No secure screw fixings
With a guide price of $45, it is one of the cheaper offerings for homeowners on a budget. Because of the fixings and the construction, you will find this is more suited to mild weather regions that don’t face heavy rain or storms.
One significant downside being there is no warranty, and no mention of your roof’s warranty, and how it can be affected using this roof gutter system.
4. AMERIMAX HOME PRODUCTS 85280BX 6” x3’ MF Gutt Guard
Even an inexperienced do-it-yourselfer will find it easy to install the Amerimax Home Products gutter protector. This umbrella styled gutter protector is designed to slide over the first row of shingles. Instead of sitting underneath, it reaches over to the outer edge of the gutter. Its flexible design is suitable for six-inch diameter gutter systems.
The Amerimax stainless steel mesh gutter guard keeps leaves and debris away from the gutter and allows even the most torrential downpours to flow smoothly.
The gutter protector is uncolored so that it can easily stick and is hardly visible from the ground. The hinged gutter guard with Mill-Finish hinges is supplied in packs of 1 in a length of 3 feet, so you will need to do some calculations to order the right amount for your house.
- Snap-on design
- Easy to install
- Lightweight pieces
- Sits on top of shingles
- Needs cutting with shears for shorter lengths
With a guide price of just over $11 per length, you need to calculate your budget as you work out the number of pieces you need to complete your homes gutter system. Compared to others in the reviews, these use a concave approach to keep leaves away from your gutters.
Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Gutter Guards Buying guide
When you are looking for gutter guards, there are many options, and a lot market themselves as easy installation options. However, with this tends to come to a lack of security, or in a worst-case scenario, a DIYer could affect their roof warranty if they incorrectly install the gutter protection systems.
Fine mesh gutter guards can save money, yet there are a few things to know before ordering.
Materials of Mesh
Metal is more durable than plastic, and they tend not to bend when exposed to the elements. Debris will still fall away rather than accumulating in dips that may form in weaker materials.
To be effective, the surface of your mesh guard should be flat to the outside of your gutter. If there is any deviation, it causes a lip and allows debris to build up and thus reduce the efficiency and operation of your mesh screen.
You can find snap on fixings, hinged fixings or those that screw into your gutters. For the most secure fitting, then screws will be the best choice. Snap on connectors can pop off in high winds or if larger debris happens to hit the surface of the gutter.
In most cases, it is advisable to have a professional install your gutter guards. If you do it wrong and debris does get inside, then you can face a more significant problem. Besides, anything to do with your roof may affect your roof warranty.
Therefore, the money you think you are saving with a budget gutter guard costs you thousands, as your warranty is void when you have a roof problem.
In testing, there was a clear winner for several reasons. While you can only get the LeafFilter Gutter Guard installed by the company professionals, it means you get a lifetime warranty, and there is no way your roof warranty is impacted.
Besides this, it was the best performing gutter screen of all and stopped even the smallest of debris finding its way into the gutters.
When you compare the product against many others, it performs better, yet the overall cost doesn’t reach much higher for similar alternatives. If you think of your gutters as an investment, then this gutter guard is one investment, you only need to make once.
Read more Home Guides